Homeowners love the idea of a safe and secure home for themselves and their family, it might be difficult to protect your home from experienced burglars, but research has shown that most home burglaries are done by amateurs whom can be stopped by applying some do it yourself home security tips.
Here are some tips that might help secure your home;
- Always ensure your doors and windows are properly locked whenever you and the family are heading out. Research shows 30% of home burglaries happen without forced entry because of unlocked doors and windows.
- Attack your home yourself, by using this method you can discover the few security loopholes that exist in your home.
- When you move into a new home, ensure you change all the locks and keys
- Install a security surveillance system, most burglars are scared off by the presence of video cameras. It is one of the most effective ways of preventing a burglary.
- Make sure all your security systems wiring are hidden and protected.
- If you have a faulty alarm system that goes off frequently, ensure you repair it immediately and inform your neighbor it has been fixed.
- If you lose your house keys, ensure you change your locks immediately.
- Make sure you use well known trusted professional house cleaners, check out their reviews before you make your choice.
- Don’t place your spare keys at easily accessible points like under a doormat, flower vase or in your mailbox
- Ensure the surroundings of your home are well lit and if you can afford, have a motion sensor installed around.
- Be observant of your surroundings, report suspicious movements and strange cars parked to the right authority.
- Know your neighbors in case of an emergency.
- Tall trees in your environment provide easy access and cover for burglars, ensure your trees are properly pruned.
- Get yourself a security dog, as they are a good deterrent to burglars.
- Hide your ladders, hammers and other tools that can be used to break into your home.
- Place your car keys near your bed, as the car panic alarm can be used to prevent a burglary.
- Close your window blinds when you are not around to prevent peeping in.
Securing your Door
Use factory manufactured security doors for doors at your entrance. These doors come with deadlock bolts and have little or no spacing between the frame and the door. Their hinges are installed inside, which prevents the removal of hinge pins that can bring down the door. They are also paint coated to prevent them fro rotting over time.
Securing the Windows
You can secure your windows by installing hard glass panes, fitting them with good locks and also connecting them to an alarm system.
For your professional security services, contact Trivest Technologies on +234-802-230-6494 or forward a mail to email@example.com for all your emergency system installation needs today.